Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Entertainment

There is this thing that tends to grab the attention of people. The thing I am thinking about is entertainment. By observing other people and myself it appears to me we spend part of our time searching for something to entertain us; whether it be a movie, card games, video games, or what-have-you. I like being entertained for some reason or another. The experiences of being in a different world whether it be movie(s), book(s), or video game(s) take me out of my reality.  In these "experiences" I am not physically in them, rather, my mind through my imagination takes me to a specific place.  I might even be able to travel to a different place on a whim, but I am not physically in these places.

Why do I like being entertained? Could it be that I am trying to escape my daily life, because it's too hectic and/or am I searching for something more?  For those of us who are insecure and/or tend to be loners, are we looking to fill the void of something?  What are we missing from our lives?  Or, perhaps we are not missing anything but we just like experiencing the process of going through being entertained.  What is it about these experiences that we like?  Is it because it takes us to a world we would like to be in but we cannot be a part of?  I am not entirely sure, but I know there have been times where I have watched a specific movie that made me feel this emotional anguish, which came over me as if I were missing something in my life.

...

Could it be that I miss God?

No comments: