Saturday, November 15, 2008

The Rain

As I woke up this morning I peered through my window shade only to find out that it was raining. Usually I get disappointed whenever it rains, and in fact when the hard times come it appears that things keep hitting us from different directions—sort of like rain drops falling all over the ground. Sometimes, life throws us unexpected contingencies that are not in our plans; thus, at times we feel the phrase "when it rains it pours." My life has definitely been a rollercoaster ride, but life is so special sometimes I miss the very essence of life. We take some many things for granted, because we fail to understand our mortality until it sets in to lead us into the reality of things, but some people do not even get that chance. I have found that when it does rain it most likely will pour, but out of the pouring I would like to think that I have become betterthough I fall at times. We fail to see that our lives are guided by the invisible hands of God. Though bad things may have happened we do not and may never understand how these bad experiences could perhaps be the seeds for the better in the future. It is either that everything has a purpose including the bad, or that life is a meaningless endeavor and we must accept some illusionary mechanism to attain meaning. So then, after the rain the sun will come up, but what matters is what you do after the rain, because the things that you do affect other people especially yourself.

No comments: